Sunday, February 08, 2009

Excerable Lyrics

1
I love you like a fat kid loves cake
- Urban lyricist and general irritation Fifty (50) "Fiddy" Cent declares his affection for an unnamed female companion in the song 21 Questions.

Trivia! Some of the questions posed include "Did I mention I was shot nine times?" and "Would you like to meet my friend Eminem?"

2.
To the left, to the left. Everything you own in the box to the left - Robotic lifeform Beyoncé Knowles produced this song-writing gem in Irreplaceable, from the 2007 album B'Day (pronounced "bidet")

Trivia! During the events that inspired this song, Beyoncé actually did not place all of her gentleman-friend's possessions in a box to her left, and it was only after he threatened legal action that she returned items including an expensive watch, a set of silver cufflinks and a small stuffed toy, said to be "worthless in monetary terms but priceless in sentimental value".

3.
You could be my black Kate Moss tonight - Otherwise tolerable RnB person Kanye West's huh?-worthy line from Stronger

Trivia! In the wake of Hurricane Katrina, Kanye West famously declared "George Bush don' like him no black peoples, dawg" or something to that effect. Other shocking revelations Kanye let rip with during the same broadcast concerned the intelligence of the aforementioned Mister Bush ("Not that bright, y'all") and the quality of recent seasons of animated comedy The Simpsons - "It just lost some of it's sparkle after Season 10, y'know what I'm sayin?".

4.
My hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump. - The Black Eyed Peas sing about the jelly-moulds adorning Fergie's lady-chest on the modern masterpiece, My Humps.

Trivia! When she's not busy with solo work or The Black Eyed Peas, Fergie likes to immerse herself in dusty tomes concerning 20th century social movements, with a keen interest in Dada and avant-gardism. She is also one of the world's foremost authorities on Nouveau Réalisme.

5.
It's funny how a man only thinks about the [BEEP]
You got a real big heart, but I'm looking at your [BEEP]
You got real big brains, but I'm looking at your [BEEP]
Girl, there ain't no pain in me looking at your [BEEP]

- The Pussycat Dolls create an air of mystery through the subtle obfuscation of words critical to ascertaining just what is distracting the man from their less tangible characteristics, in the song BEEP.

Trivia! At any one time, there are 126 Pussycat Dolls waiting in reserve to replace one of the core six, in accordance with their management team's Nine Lives Policy, designed to ensure the Pussycat Dolls are always ready to perform with a full regiment and to the highest standards. The reservists are trained at the secretive PCD Academy in Luxembourg, which aims to produce 12 fully-trained potential Pussycat Dolls every 6 months.

No comments: